Lasik eye surgery is an outpatient refractive surgical produce that makes use of the laser technology to correct common eye problems. This surgical procedure will change the shape of the cornea and improve your visibility. It is commonly performed on patients suffering from farsightedness, astigmatism, and nearsightedness. Not everyone qualifies for this surgical procedure, so it is good to know if you are eligible.
Common Types of Lasik Surgery
Opting for Lasik eye surgery instead of glasses requires you to be smart and follow certain criteria. You must first understand the number of Lasik surgery available and which one is best suited for you. To make things easier for you, here are the most common types of Lasik Surgical procedures offered in most Singapore clinics:
- Conventional Laser in Situ Keratomileusis: This type of surgery is the most commonly practiced in Singapore. It is done mostly on those with short and long-sightedness difficulties. The procedure entails the reshaping of the cornea using the excimer laser.
- Wavefront-guided Lasik: This is an advanced form of Lasik surgery that requires the use of 3D computer generated images of your eye cornea to analyze the eye before reshaping it with an excimer laser.
- Photorefractive Keratectomy: These types of lasik surgery do not entail cutting the eye flap tissue but rather the removal of the epithelial eye covering and the use of laser excimer to reshape it. The epithelial normally heals within four days. During the healing time, the patient will have to use soft contact lenses to safeguard the cornea.
- Laser Epithelial Keratomileusis: This procedure is almost similar to photorefractive keratectomy surgical procedure. It heals faster than PRK procedure though.
What Are the Qualifications for Lasik Surgery?
When thinking of getting a laser eye surgery, it is essential to understand that not everyone qualifies for this surgery. Only a select few will have the opportunity to undergo this surgical eye correction procedure. These are the most common factors that come into play when determining who is qualified to undergo a Lasik eye correction surgery:
- Your current health condition: You must be in good health condition to qualify for this procedure.
- Be free of common eye diseases: You must not be suffering from eye problems like retain difficulties, cataract, diabetic retinopathy or glaucoma.
- You must be of age: The required age for someone to qualify for this procedure is 18 years.
- You should have the required corneal thickness.
- For women, they should not be pregnant or have been given birth in the last two months.
The Final Words
Lasik eye surgery is progressively becoming quite popular among people of all ages. People are rapidly adopting this technique due to the numerous benefits it provides. If you are thinking of undergoing this surgical procedure, you need to get the right eye clinic in Singapore if you are to enjoy the benefits associated with the treatment. Among the many benefits that make this procedure quite popular include painless treatment, higher chances of success, quick healing, better vision after the surgery, no need for the use of glasses after the treatment, and ability to save good sums over the long run.