At any stage of alcoholism, it is possible to damage the stomach or bake, the disease often passes secretly, without manifesting itself, such as alcoholic hepatitis. Long-term alcoholism always affects the patient’s psyche and leads to irreversible changes in the patient’s brain. Not to mention social problems: conflicts in the family, change of environment, loss of interest in life.
Revolting states of health, together after a single drink and then leaving the long drinking-bouts, is branded by depressive and malaise condition. Alcohol abstinence is associated with an excessive amount of toxins in the blood. Therefore, first of all, it is necessary to detoxify from alcohol decay products in order to get out of such a negative situation with the least damage to health and mood.
The addiction treatment options for an alcoholic sufferer from a morbid and depressed state by purifying the body of toxins are carried out by:
- Absorbents in the form of activated carbon, which is able to bind and withdraw alcohol from the body;
- Antihypoxants – saturate blood with oxygen, which contributes to the oxidation of toxic substances and their rapid withdrawal;
- Diuretics that will inhibit the re-absorption of water and salts and will promote their excretion in the urine;
- Saline solutions that help to remove toxic components from the body;
- Hypertonic solutions, for stimulation of bowel movements or gastric lavage;
- Vitamins of group B, as they help get rid of toxins and restore the effective work of the body;
- Antidepressants and tranquilizers – are able to protect the patient from depressive conditions, but it is important not to overdo it, as this can lead to the loosening of the nervous system.
- In severe cases of poisoning, if coma occurs, a probe is used to force the stomach wash, then laxatives are used to induce urination.
For carrying out alcohol detoxification, the optimal composition of therapeutic drugs acquires great importance, which should work to relieve nervousness, muscle tension, palpitations, and dizziness, optimize blood pressure, liver function, and excretory system.The choice of drugs must be based on the individual characteristics of the patient’s particular condition.
Complications of detoxification
With detoxification, the emphasis is on removing acetaldehyde from the body. This toxic compound is formed in the liver when it comes into contact with alcohol and under normal conditions should be excreted from the body by the kidneys. When the body receives a large number of alcoholic beverages, the liver cannot cope with its main work in full. And acetaldehyde, the strongest poison, is carried by blood to all organs. In addition, alcohol significantly reduces the production of inhibitors, which complicates the situation. Medical intervention is required to give the body time to normalize its functions.